Why should I apply?
The Department of Community Nutrition is one of the pioneers in the development of nutritional sciences in Indonesia. It is well known for its expertise in the applications of nutritional sciences for individuals (human nutrition) and families/communities (community nutrition) by combining the aspects of agriculture, food, nutrition, and health for the improvement of human quality. The department is expert in four aspects of nutrition, namely:
- Basic Nutrition
- Applied Nutrition
- Food Service Management and Environmental Health
- Food and Nutrition Policy.
The 5th IPB Nutrition Summer Course program will provide a comprehensive overview on maternal and child nutrition programs in Indonesia. The Department of Community Nutrition of IPB University will host experts in the field of maternal and child nutrition programs from several countries: Indonesia, Thailand, Japan, Malaysia, and the Philippines. Participants will experience how community health services are held in the respective countries.
What are the benefits?
- Students will be able to: Develop understanding on aspects affecting maternal and child nutrition and health and strategies to improve maternal and child nutrition profile, both at local and national levels.
- Get information on maternal and child nutrition programs in several other countries.
- Experience learning in an international context with instructors and fellow students coming from variety of countries.
- Certificate of attendance of the Summer Course program, which is equivalent to 2 (two) credit units
This course will comprise of various methods of delivery such as interactive lectures and discussion, virtual field visit, video of product development followed by discussion, and group work and presentation. Topics that will be covered in this summer course are:
- Maternal and child nutrition and health profile in Indonesia
- Maternal and child nutrition and health programs in Indonesia
- Roles of education in supporting maternal and child nutrition and health programs in Indonesia
- Roles of international and local NGOs in supporting health and nutrition programs in Indonesia
- Overview of maternal and child nutrition and health programs in other countries, such as Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, and Japan
- Nutritious food product development.
Who can apply?
Undergraduate students, at least in their 2nd year of study (as proven by academic transcript) majoring in nutrition, medicine, public health, child development, food science, and other related sciences.
The applicant should have sufficient English proficiency as certified by minimum TOEFL Score of 450 or IELTS Band 5.0 or any other proof of English proficiency applicable in the respective countries.
How to joint?
Register online : https://ipb.link/scgm2022registration
- Indonesian Students: Rp. 250.000,00/student
- International Students: USD 25/student
Upload CV and Motivation letter related to participation in the Nutrition Summer Course Letter
Registration : until 15 July 2022
Announcement of selection result : 01 August 2022
Payment : until 15 August 2022
Summer Course : 22 – 26 August 2022
- Department of Community Nutrition
- Faculty of Human Ecology
- Jl. Lingkar Kampus , IPB Dramaga, Indonesia
- Ph. +62 251-8621258
- Fax. +62 251-8622276
- Resa Ana Dina (+62 812-8816-8111)
- Hanifah (+62 852-7109-5593)